Saturday 26 April 2014

My first online date...

First are always special... first words... first day at school.... first love.... first kiss..... first time...... first broken heart... first... online profile.... and first online date....  So this is the story of my first date with someone from the cyber-space....

I was so scared.... meeting someone online.... what kind of pervert uses internet to meet people? That was January 2008,... yes, I opened my profile as a part of my new years resolution of 'finding love'.... so precisely, on the 2nd of January 2008, I created an account on GaydarGirls... In 2008 I was 22 and I was so naive....

I thought that it was going to be the year of love.... How wouldn't I believe in love when No One from Alicia Keys was on the top charts? (one of the best songs about love ever written).... I started to chat with few girls, and soon discovered that the website was highly uncomfortable to chat: limited number of messages that you can send and, limited number of profiles that you can visit... Thank God that mobile applications have solved that out.... but well, it was 2008 and there was not such a thing as a smart phone yet....

She was definitely not my type: blond and blue eyes. I tend to like Mediterranean looking people and even though she was from the South, she was looking very Germanic.... I only accepted to meet her because we seem to had a friend in common, more of an acquaintance for me.... and actually for her too as this friend in common was the new girlfriend of her ex-girlfriend... anyway.... I was 22, highly inexperience in dating girls and recently out of the dark closet.... I still had some issues accepting my sexuality and I needed to explore a bit more the field....

We decided to meet up in town, I was so nervous, thinking that I was not going to recognize her from the pictures, or that it was going to be a fake profile...... but she arrived.... She was very pretty.... we went for a drink in a very cheap gay bar and had few Heinekens there...

I think that we did go to few more places after that... but my memory is a bit blurred.... the only moment that I remember after that is when we took the night bus.... we went to the back of the bus and started to make out.....

OMG! what I was doing??? Making out with a girl in a public transport??? What if someone saw me???...... I was still on that phase of coming out... anyway, the alcohol helped me to..... not give a f*** about the rest of the world and enjoyed my date....

She was a brilliant kisser and had a very interesting conversation. She was an art student, passionate about art and humanities.... and I was 22 and looking for an adventure....

The date ended up in a bus stop as I had to catch another night bus home.... I don't remember the details, but we agreed to meet up again... and so we did.... we went to an art exhibition, and for ethnic food, and we also went for drinks a few times... and we had sex with 'The origin of love' from Hedwig and the Angry Inch on the background... (my very best favorite movie of all times....) I was still too scared to fully enjoyed it but she made it easy and guided me a bit in the art... although, I had needed few more like her to gain confidence in my moves.... I owned her a great deal of self-esteem in my fully out lesbian persona....

As you might guess... it didn't work out.... I received a Scholarship to study at the University of Sussex in Brighton and left.... and well... it was too new to even consider anything further.... so it died.... but I still remember it with a smile... we are still friends on Facebook, although we don't interact much, I still like to think that we are friends....

I wish her the best... I think that she got a full time girlfriend and is working well and I'm very happy for her as she deserves to find love! As for me.... well.... I'm still in the search on the cyber-space....

As everyone that I've met, she taught me something... and I don't think that I would be fully out and happy with my sexuality without her help while I was going through my 'teen' lesbian days.... so for all of this,

 THANK YOU!!! You were my first online date and as you can see from this blog.... not the last!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment